Johnson Outdoors companies Minn Kota (trolling motors) and Humminbird (electronics) will conduct their first-ever owners tournament June 3-4 at Pickwick Lake in Alabama. The companies have partnered with Trifecta Fishing (Big Bass Tour) to manage the tournament marketing and event execution.
The tournament is open to any amateur boat owner with at least one Minn Kota trolling motor, shallow-water anchor, on-board charger or Humminbird fishfinder installed on their vessel. With over $150,000 in total payouts (including a $50,000 grand prize), anglers will have the opportunity to win additional Minn Kota and Humminbird products, more cash, and other prizes for finishing in the Top 5 overall.
With two days of competition, anglers can compete on one or both days of for hourly prizes. The big-bass event will feature seven hourly weigh-ins per day, giving anglers several chances to claim Top-10 cash prize payouts for catching the biggest fish each hour.
Event details are as follows.
• June 2: Registration day with dinner and prizes, 5-8 p.m.
• June 3-4: Tournament fishing days (anglers can fish one or both days)
• Open to amateur anglers owning at least one Minn Kota or Humminbird product
• Co-anglers (non-boat owners) are not required to own Minn Kota or Humminbird product
• Seven hourly weigh-ins daily with Top 10 in each winning cash payouts
• Overall event Top 5 winning cash and prizes
• $150,000-plus in cash and prizes with a $50,000 grand prize winner
• Competitors are allowed up to three anglers total in their boat during tournament hours
For more information or to register for the tournament, got to www.MinnKotaOwners.com.