(Editor's note: Below is the FLW Outdoors proposal as it was communicated to the state presidents by TBF Inc.)
- FLW membership $25 per year (same as BASS).
- Full benefits access available to TBF\FLW members to include: Clothing discounts (FLW and TBF Clothing), FLW online store discounts (Electronics, TVs,
Cell Phones, Barnes and Noble, IBM, 1-800-FLOWERS, Pots & Pans, Kitchen Products, etc.).
- Group healthcare insurance available through E-Heath Insurance.
- Auto and boat insurance through Travelers Insurance.
- Co-sponsored FLW/TBF credit card program. Any fees and commissions from the credit cards will go back to the state Federation where issued.
- Funding for youth programs, top to bottom.
- Big-name players, family values: Wal-Mart, Kellogg's, Ranger, Yamaha, Evinrude (pending), Castrol, Fujifilm, M&M Mars, Pedigree, Land O'Lakes, Pure Fishing, Chevrolet, others.
- Travel assistance money to all youth contenders Advancing to TBF/FLW Junior World Championship and FLW Championship.
- How cool would it be to put the youth winners on the Kellogg's box?
- Broad support for youth programs from Fortune 500 companies.
- Annual National Youth Directors workshop.
- Cash direct from TBF to your state's youth program. Spend it where you want to.
- Funding for conservation programs.
- Big-name Players WANT to get behind you: Wal-Mart, Kellogg's, Ranger, Yamaha, Evinrude (pending), Castrol, Fujifilm, M&M Mars, Pedigree, Land O'Lakes, Pure Fishing, Chevrolet, others.
- People and companies with "horsepower."
- New conservation awareness program.
- You're the experts, tell us what you need.
- Annual conservation directors workshop.
- Cash direct from TBF to your state's conservation program. Spend it where you want to.
Boat-Buying Program and Ranger Cup
- Earn a free Ranger Boat with engine for your state Federation.
- Receive thousands for Ranger Cup state program.
- It may be easier than you think.
- See boat details presentation.
- FLW will provide early entry to TBF members in the BFL as boaters and as co-anglers.
- FLW will provide priority entry to TBF members in the Stren Series, Wal-Mart FLW Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Series events as co-Anglers.
- FLW will provide TBF state champions Stren Series pro guaranteed slots (must enter all four events in a division).
- FLW will provide TBF with an associate sponsorship of the BFL, Stren Series, FLW Tour and FLW Series. As a sponsor of FLW, TBF members will be enabled to wear a state Federation logo and/or TBF logos at any FLW tournaments as a competitor.
- State Events: your state decides.
- Divisionals by TBF/FLW and host states, fully functional and supported.
- Federation National Championship by TBF/FLW, increased payout to $100,000.
- National television coverage on Fox Sports Network (FSN).
- FLW will provide TBF expenses-paid berths in the Wal-Mart BFL All-American (6 boater spots).
- FLW will provide TBF expenses paid berths in the Wal-Mart BFL All-American (6 co-angler spots).
- 12 spots total in Wal-Mart BFL All-American to TBF.
- FLW will provide TBF one pro boater spot in the Forrest Wood Cup ($1,000,000 in cash to the winner if they run a Ranger, $500,000 to the winner no matter what boat brand they own and use).
- FLW will provide TBF one co-angler spot in the Forrest Wood Cup.
Living the Dream
FLW\TBF will provide the TBF National Champion with the "Living the Dream" Promotion to include:
- A slot for 1 year with fully paid entry fees in the FLW Tour or the FLW Series Tournaments.
- A wrapped "Living the Dream" Ranger Boat powered by a Yamaha engine, plus a wrapped Chevrolet truck for use during their 1-year tournament participation.
- Expense money to help offset travel costs.
- FLW is a very powerful media partner. They and their partners have global media capabilities through all forms of media.
- TBF Federation National Championship coverage nationwide on FSN.
- FLW will allot four pages in each issue of FLW Outdoors magazine to TBF.
What FLW Asks
The proposal you have seen is enormous. For any business relationship to be long-term successful it must be a two-way street. Each party needs to be rewarded for its efforts.
To offer up this kind of contract proposal that is in excess of $15 million--these are real dollars supporting the Federation--TBF will need to provide FLW the following partnership commitments:
- At least 80% of the TBF state Federations, clubs and members will join the FLW/TBF relationship and become FLW Outdoors members.
- TBF will agree to start a new TBF-affiliated Federation in any state where no active TBF Federation exists.
- State Federations that join the FLW relationship agree to provide category-exclusive sponsorships to Wal-Mart, Ranger, Kellogg's, BP, Castrol, Fujifilm, Yamaha, Land O'Lakes, Pure Fishing, M&M Mars, Pedigree and Chevrolet.
- Each participating TBF state Federation agrees to display the FLW logo on all printed materials. Also, the TBF national organization agrees to use the FLW logo on all printed materials.
- This is a 5-year agreement.